State law requires school attendance between the ages of 6 and 18. A child must be 5 years of age on or before September 1 to enter kindergarten. To enter first grade a child must be 6 years of age on or before September 1.
Students enrolling in Mumford ISD must provide the following documents:
1. Birth certificate
2. Social Security card
3. Proof of parent income (for Pre-Kindergarten students only)
4. Transcript from previous school
5. Immunization record including DPT, poliomyelitis, varicella, hepatitis A & B, and measles-mumps-rubella. (A TB test is required if students are entering from outside the United States). The Texas Department of Health Services website here provides a complete list of vaccine requirements for Texas schools entrance.
The Mumford Independent School District offers an instructional program for eligible 3 and 4-year olds during the school year.
1. Three or Four years old on or before September 1
2. Limited English language proficiency or income within guidelines for free/reduced meals (proof of income required)
3. All documents listed in the main registration page