State law requires school attendance between the ages of 6 and 18. A child must be 5 years of age on or before September 1 to enter kindergarten. To enter first grade a child must be 6 years of age on or before September 1.
Wish to enroll your student? Please come by our school to pick up and fill out all of the necessary forms today!
Students enrolling in Mumford ISD must provide the following documents:
1. Birth certificate
2. Social Security card
3. Proof of parent income (for Pre-Kindergarten students only)
4. Transcript from previous school
5. Immunization record including DPT, poliomyelitis, varicella, hepatitis A & B, and measles-mumps-rubella. (A TB test is required if students are entering from outside the United States). The Texas Department of Health Services website here provides a complete list of vaccine requirements for Texas schools entrance.
The Mumford Independent School District offers an instructional program for eligible 3 and 4-year olds during the school year.
1. Three or Four years old on or before September 1
2. Limited English language proficiency or income within guidelines for free/reduced meals (proof of income required)
3. All documents listed in the main registration page