Volleyball Games: JH and HS volleyball season are underway; the girls need your support during their upcoming games. Please come out:
• Monday, Sept. 13 – JH: B/A Vs. Centerville (HERE) @ 4:30
• Tuesday, Sept. 14 – HS: Varsity Only vs. Calvert (HERE) @ 5:00
• Friday, Sept. 17 – HS: V/JV vs. Centerville (HERE) @ 4:30
• Monday, Sept. 20 – JH: B/A vs. Normangee (HERE) @ 4:30
Mumford School Fundraiser Kick Off: We will be having our Fall Fundraiser Kick off tomorrow, Tuesday, September 14th. The kickoff will be for grades PreK – 5th, however ALL grades participate in the fundraiser. This fundraiser kick-off will be presented in the HS gym. PreK – 1st grade will start at 2:00 and 2nd – 5th grade will have their kick-off at 2:30. We are excited about this year’s fundraiser and the fun prizes that students will be eligible to be awarded! We want this year to be the most successful ever! So, we ask everyone to help out and get out there and sell, sell, sell! We do suggest that students utilize the online portion of the fundraiser so that you limit going door to door to sell due to COVID 19. Also, while there is a cash donation option on the fundraiser form, we ask that if someone wants to donate money to give their checks, cash, etc. directly to the school. When money donations are made through the fundraising company a portion of the amount is kept by the company. Once again, we look forward to tomorrow kick-off and to a successful fundraiser!
Welcome Back Dances and Fun Night: Come out and have some fun! There will be lots of games and fun at the dances, as well as concessions! Come on out! Admission for all dances is $5.00 and they will be held in the Mustang Room.
• Grades 6 - 8th: On Wednesday, Sept 15th from 3:30 - 5:00 we will have the Welcome Back Dance for these grades. Only students in grades 6 – 8th may attend and only Mumford students.
• Grades 3 - 5th: Thursday, Sept 16th from 3:30 - 5:00. Only Mumford students in grades 3 -5 will be allowed to attend.
Picture Day: We will have picture day on Thursday, Sept 16th for individual school pictures. Information was sent home with students last week. You can also order and pay for picture packages online at: https://vando.imagequix.com/g1000876344#login. These pictures will be the ones that will be published in the yearbook. Don’t forget, Thursday you need to bring your smiles! There will be a make up day later in the year, if your child is absent or at home due to COVID.
Mumford 4-H: The Mumford 4-H will be having their first meeting on Thursday, Sept 16 at 6:00 in the Primary Cafeteria. If your child is in grades 3rd and up and you would like to learn more about the Mumford 4-H, please come out and join us!
Cross Country Meet: Our JH and HS Cross Country team members will be participating in the Caldwell Cross Country meet this Saturday, Sept 18, and in the Cameron Meet next Saturday, Sept 25th. We wish them luck!
Six Weeks Tests: Our first six weeks tests are coming up for grades 2-12; tests will take place Monday, Sept. 20 - Wednesday, Sept. 22. Please be sure that your child is studying for these tests. Check with assignments sheets and teachers to know which test will take place on what day. These tests count as 2 test grades on your child’s 6 weeks grade.
COVID-19 Protocols: As noted in letters that went out last week, we have an increased number of COVID positive cases affecting our students and staff. This is the concerning trend not only here, but around the state and in surrounding communities. This year, the virus seems to be spreading more easily, and our younger children are showing more symptoms.
• We have begun additional safety protocols at school which include: morning health screenings and temperature checks for all students before entering the buses or the buildings, and increased cleaning during the school day, and electrostatic cleaning weekly.
• We highly recommend students and staff to wear mask while on campus and away from campus. This is especially true during this peak in cases. Vaccinations, for those eligible, also help in limiting the severity of the virus.
• We ask that if students are sick they NOT come to school. If someone living in the household has COVID, please do not send students to school. Contact the nurse and she will be able to advise you on a return date to campus.
• Students will receive excused absences when staying home due to COVID. We will have teachers gather up materials and assignments and ask them to have that ready after 24 hours. We will then call parents to inform them the items are ready to be picked up. Some teachers will have work on google classroom that your child will need to complete, your child should know this. We do ask that you work with your child on completing this work while they are home, students can easily get behind if not working on this material.
We appreciate your help and support with this. We will all need to work together to help our students succeed. Let’s do what we can to help slow the spread, and turn this trend around!