As we enter our end of year activities, please make sure to be aware of all of the mandated guidelines sent to us by TEA and the CDC. Please help us provide a safe an healthy environment for all students and staff members of Mumford ISD.
As the much anticipated Mustang Basketball season approaches, Mumford ISD would like to share some important information regarding home games. In an effort to keep our school safe in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, Mumford ISD will follow and enforce the REQUIRED operational guidelines set forth by the UIL, TEA, and the Governor of Texas.
· Every person entering the gym is required to complete a COVID-19 screening which includes a temperature check and set of questions.
· Social distancing is not a viable option with the space limitations in our gym; therefore, as is directed by the UIL and Governor Abbott, masks or approved face coverings MUST be worn while in the building unless actively eating or drinking, or actively playing.
· UIL operational guidelines require us to limit seating capacity to 50%, therefore the maximum capacity for Mumford Gym will remain at 200 spectators. This does not include players, coaches, and staff. Admission will be based on a first come, first served basis.
· Any person not following the guidelines set forth will have one warning and will then be asked to leave the gym.
Thank you for your continued support of Mumford ISD. We look forward to a great season!
With flu season upon us and the holidays near, it is more important than ever to maintain awareness of your child's health. We want to do everything we can to keep your child safe and our school a healthy environment.
Please be sure you are screening your child for signs and symptoms of COVID 19, before sending them to school. Continue to do your part in communicating with the school nurse any of these symptoms.
Please understand, per TEA and CDC guidelines students that exhibit signs and symptoms will be placed on a 10 day isolation period before being allowed to return to school.
The only exceptions are if you:
A. obtain a Dr's note clearing the individual for return with an alternative diagnosis
B. have documentation of a negative COVID 19 test result.
All absences are being monitored, so please contact the school when your child is absent. If your child is absent due to an illness, the school nurse can help you know when your child can return safely.
We appreciate your help and support to keep all our students healthy.
It is projected that due to the upcoming holidays we will see an increase in COVID 19 cases in our area, as well as across the nation. We want you and your family to take proper measures to keep yourselves healthy. If you are planning to travel over the Thanksgiving or Christmas holidays please follow these CDC guidelines:
• Wear a mask to keep your nose and mouth covered when in public settings, including on public transportation and in transportation hubs such as airports and stations.
• Avoid close contact by staying at least 6 feet apart (about 2 arms' length) from anyone who is not from your household, if not feasible wear masks even around family members not in your household.
• Wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer (with at least 60% alcohol).
• Avoid contact with anyone who is sick or exhibiting symptoms of COVID 19.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
Spread Kindness not germs this holiday season! :)
Our weekly school bulletin giving you important information of events and activities throughout our school.
The Home Connect system gives parents access to their child's reading progress.
Mumford ISD will follow recommendations for school opening and operation from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Texas Education Agency (TEA), the University Interscholastic League (UIL), as well as other state and local health officials. Circumstances related to COVID-19 may change throughout the coming school year, and this document will be updated as conditions arise. Please check often on this website for information, as it is posted.
We will be having early release days on the following days: September 30, October 28, November 11, and December 9. Please read Dr. Reese's letter regarding this and about the postponement of our annual Christmas program.
Tendremos salidas tempranas en los siguientes dias: septiembre 30, octubre 28, noviembre 11, y diciembre 9. por favor lean la carta del Dr. Reese sobre esto y tambien sobre el aplazamiento de nuestro programa anual navideño.
Click the "+" to add it to your own Google Calendar.