Independent School District
Mumford
9755 FM Rd. 50
Mumford, TX 77807-1439
Ph  (979) 279-3678
Fax (979) 279-5044
History of Mumford

Mumford Independent School District history began in 1916 when the first school was started by Lillian Collier. The wife of a prominent local land owner and a Baylor University graduate, she started teaching and began what today is a proud tradition here in the Brazos Valley. The school became an Independent School District on March 16, 1925, and served primary and elementary grade levels. It was not until 1999 that Mumford ISD started the Mumford High School and we have not stopped growing since then. Our first graduating class came out on May 2003 and today we provide services from PK3 all the way to grade 12.

We are home to an average of 550 students and are centrally located 10 miles south of Hearne, 15 miles north-east of Caldwell, and about 20 miles north of Texas A&M university. Our facilities include four main buildings: Elementary, High School, Primary, and Middle school buildings, built in 1997, 2001, 2002, and 2005 respectively. We have two gymnasiums, 4 computer labs, and the brand new Pete J. Bienski Jr. Sports Complex with tennis, baseball, and softball fields.

Loading...